Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Russell home destroyed by Fire

A couple escaped serious injury but lost their home and belongings to fire early this morning near New Ross. A mobile home was destroyed around 3:30 a.m. at 301 Clearwater Drive in New Russell. New Ross Fire Chief Scott Reeves says the cause of the fire looks to be electrical.
"The fire started behind a sofa in the livingroom where there was an electrical outlet and some power cords."
Several fire departments were called to the blaze including Kentville, Chester Basin and Windsor.
Reeves says the home wasn't insured and the family dog died during the fire.