Saturday, February 8, 2014

Fire Destroys Grimm Road Home And Garage

A home is completely destroyed after a fire Saturday evening in Grimms Settlement. Lunenburg and District Fire Chief Darren Romkey says the blaze happened around 6:45pm at the Grimm Road home. He says the home and a garage were fully engulfed when they arrived on scene. Members from Dayspring, Riverport and Bridgewater fire departments also responded to the call while four others were put on standby. Romkey says one person was home at the time and managed to get out safely. The chief believes the fire started in the home's dryer and quickly spread. Nova Scotia Power, RCMP, EHS and the Department of Transportation were also called to the scene.