Thursday, December 12, 2013

UPDATE: Highway Re-Opened Following LaHave Fire

Highway 331 in LaHave is now re-opened to traffic between Mount Pleasant Road and Hughey Lake Road. It was closed and traffic rerouted earlier following a house fire. The road was caked in ice from all the water used by the pumper trucks in fighting the blaze. Highway crews spent several hours salting and trying to remove the ice buildup. As for the fire, no one was hurt. The newer-style house at 3250 Highway 331 in LaHave was destroyed though. LaHave fire chief John Mulock says the blaze broke out around 2:30am.

Seven fire departments were involved in battling the flames.

The fire is believed to have started in the chimney.