Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bridgewater: Electric Heater Causes Blaze At King Street Apartment

An early morning fire was quickly knocked down by firefighters in Bridgewater. Crews were alerted to a fire in the wall at an apartment building behind KO's restaurant at 434 King Street. No one was injured. The incident happened just after 7:30. Bridgewater Fire Chief Michael Nauss says a small heater is to blame for the blaze.

Nauss says people should make sure heaters receive regular maintenance to prevent them from overheating. A portion of King Street and Dufferin Street was also closed to traffic while the fire department was on scene.