Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Former Tory MLA Not Seeking Nomination Bid



Carolyn Bolivar-Getson

The Progressive Conservative party will have a new face campaigning in Lunenburg West during the next provincial election. Carolyn Bolivar-Getson has decided not to put her name into the nomination ring. She says her health isn't where it needs to be.
"I know that if I'm going to run for MLA that I need to be 150% and I don't feel that my health is 100% right now."
Bolivar-Getson suffered what she believes was a stroke last November and is still recovering. She says health is her number one priority.
"Toughest decision I think I've ever made because I really enjoy representing the people and I don't want to do something that I cannot commit what I need to commit to do."
Bolivar-Getson previously held the riding between 2003 and 2009. She was defeated by NDP member Gary Ramey in the last provincial election. Bridgewater councillor David Mitchell has announced his intention to seek the nomination.