Monday, April 23, 2012

South Shore Teachers Receive Education Week Awards

Warren Dobson
Two local teachers are being recognized for their work in the classroom. Warren Dobson of South Queens Junior High and Greg Millman of Chester Area Middle School were both nominated for awards to celebrate Education Week in Nova Scotia. Dobson says he's flattered by the award, but doesn't know why he was chosen.
"I thought at first they made a mistake, maybe they had it mixed up with somebody else. I'm not an exceptional teacher in my view, I just show up everyday and try and do the best I can like 99% of the rest of the teachers in our school board."
Nominations show people believe both teachers spend countless hours helping students. The two teachers are expected to receive their awards during a ceremony Monday in Halifax.