Friday, March 9, 2012

Mustangs Former Coach: Travel main reason why I left


The former head coach of the South Shore Canadian Tire Mustangs says it was a tough decision to walk away from the hockey club. Tim Boyce lives in Halifax and says the daily grind of travelling back and forth to Bridgewater became too much.
"The safety of the highway really got to me, you know, when you're travelling three or four nights a week on that highway as I am from Halifax to Bridgewater and back for practices and games, it's a dangerous stretch of highway, single-lane highway and I'm getting married in the summer and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Every time I got in the car it kind of weighed on my mind."
Boyce says he started having thoughts of not returning in late December. He says he enjoyed his time as coach and had a lot of fun with the team. Grant Johnston was announced as the new head coach earlier this week.