Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mahone Bay appoints new police chief


There is a new police chief in Mahone Bay. Rob James has held the job since last June, but the town formally appointed him to the position during Tuesday night's council meeting. James says the RCMP don't typically have police chiefs, so its more of an honorary title. He says there's been a little bit more workload because of the new title.
"I look after any investigations in Mahone Bay, but I'm also, for example, the traffic authority, I look after any bylaws that need tending in Mahone Bay. I also liaise with the town council, with the police advisory board things like that. I'm more less a liaison between the detachment and town of Mahone Bay."
James says its been an easy transition becoming the head officer in Mahone Bay after spending over six years covering Lunenburg County.