Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bridgewater Councillor Praises GAP Draft Plan



David Mitchell
The draft plan for Generations Active Park is getting a lot of praise from a member of Bridgewater town council. David Mitchell says Ekistics Planning and Design has put together a solid plan, that appeases to all residents and stakeholders. He says the plan took him by surprise.
"It surpassed my expectations. You know, I had in my head the way I thought that the dog park should look or splash pad should look and I'm not a designer and I'm sure everyone had their pre-conceived notions of what it would look like. It just blew me out of the water. It is stunning."
Mitchell says the $2.4-million dollar project would be phased-in over the next 10 years if the final plan is approved. The final version is expected to be presented to Bridgewater town council December 12. People can still have their say on the plan by visiting http://www.bridgewater.ca/.