Thursday, October 20, 2011

Martin overwhelmed by Fundraiser turnout

Mayor Don Downe, Municipality of the District of Lunenburg, left, enjoying a photo opportunity with Jenna Martin, 400 metre Canadian Champion, right.
Roughly 200 people came out in support Wednesday night for one of the South Shore's top athletes. A fundraiser was held for Jenna Martin at the Best Western Plus Bridgewater. Martin says she's so happy people are helping her achieve her goals.
"This night means everything to me. I can't believe all these people are here for me. Being able to be in the presence of everyone supporting me means a lot and having their support is going to give me the extra drive to push even harder towards my goal."
Martin is pushing to raise just over $139,000 to help her prepare for the 2012 London Olympics.